Tuesday 21 August 2012

Summer Challenge Day 55 - Surfin USA

I had real fun doing this one. 
I thought Surfin... I thought surfboards... I thought bikini's.  Right?
I will have to give credit to JulieG713 and her youtube video on Summer Bikini nails tutorial here for the bikini designs.  This is where I saw them and got the idea from.  I thought about adding a surfboard accent nail since the theme was 'surfin' in the USA.

Hope you like it :)


I used a lot of colours for this. The base are OPI Did You'Ear About Van Gogh? and on my ring finger is OPI No Room For the Blues


For my bikini's from Thumb to Pinky:  China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, OPI Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI?, OPI Kiss Me on The Tulips and China Glaze Man Hunt.  I used white acrylic paint for the surfboard and black arcrylic to draw on the string bikini's.


Yep, I had heaps of fun doing this.  I thought it looked very cute.  And i was pleaseantly happy with my attempt at recreating JulieG's bikini design :)

xx Karen

Next...
Day 57 - Orange + Green

3 comments:

raksasahijau said...

:D This is awesome! loving the bikinis. haha!

Tammy said...

Love it!!

GabbyGlitch said...

This is such a cute idea!I nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog! :)

Post a Comment