Sunday 10 June 2012

Summer Challenge Day 8 - Swimming Pool

Hi...

It's been a while, and i feel bad about this. But if you hadn't seen my last post, I was sad to report that my computer died (RIP Hp). I've finally had a chance to get on the bf's computer and upload some photo's for the Summer Challenge. Just because the computer has been down doesn't mean I haven't been keeping up with the challenge, this will be the first of a few to come.

And Just so I don't bombard your feeds with a lot in one hit I'm going to post a new blog every second day till i get back up to date.

So here's my interpretation of Day 8 - Swimming Pool.

Summer Challenge Day 8 - Swimming Pool
Now I know it's messy, but i get so excited when I finished and can't wait to take photo's. I guess I really should learn to be a bit more patient. I have to admit it wasn't quite what i was hoping for, far from it. But it was fun none-the-less.

This was also my first attempt at "framing" my nails, so please forgive my sloppiness. More practise is obviously needed.

The colours I used were:

OPI No Room For The Blues
OPI Dating a Royal
OPI Alpine Snow
OPI San Tan-Tonio
OPI Did You 'Ear The One About Van Gogh?
Sally Hanson - 420 Yellow Kitty
OPI Base & Top Coat
Acrylic White Paint

(can you tell I like OPI??)


Here are the base coats before i starting the sponging. Started out nice, right?, that was before I tried my attempt of being creative...

There was a lot of sponging involved with this design. And after all that sponging I couldn't quite get the effect on camera


I would like to take this opportunity to say that this was my first Nail Art Challenge and I have to admit, that although my talents or creativity meet the standard of some of the other girls I've seen. I had a lot of fun trying to come up with my own interpretation of the theme and look forward to the next theme


xx Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment